• Announcements

• d.ter

Help for US hotline wanted!

Dear Sequoia customers,   we are looking for experienced Sequoia users in the U.S. who may have some
      time to support other Samplitude and Sequoia users via phone.
      We expect 10-20 weekly calls, of course MAGIX would pay a
      compensation based on the amount of phone time.   Please feel free to contact us if you may be interested or have
      questions!   Best Regards - Tilman Herberger, CTO
    • TomW

Forum updated, but Beta Forum not working in the moment, we will fix it soon.   11/24/2016

The new Forum Software was installed, but the bug tracker plugin is not working with the new version, thats why the beta forum is unavailable in the moment. But the admins work on it and it will be fixed soon. sorry for that.
    • TomW

If Login is not working after forum update, please try to use the display name and password to login   11/26/2016

There are some users that could not login, because they tried to login with some old login name. Now you need to login with your display name. I f you still have problems, then you can write me here:   
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
samc1959

'flying faders' style automation

1 post in this topic

So, I am not a Newbie at all, but all of my projects for the last 10 years have been single stereo track mastering jobs. Now I am doing live multitrack recording on Samp 9.0 Pro (upgrade to 11 Pro on its way to me).

So, I want to do this, and don't know how:

I want to move faders iteratively as I mix to 'refine' my automation. In other words, I want my fader moves recorded, and then every time I touch the fader again, i want to 'overdub' those changes until i let go of it. This, to me, is the most natural form of fader automation - you do your basic moves, and then over and over, on playback, you refine them until they're perfect. However, it seems that once I press that 'A' button, the faders move the way I recorded them last and I have no ability to override. Am i wrong?

Also: does Samplitude 11 have mute automation yet?

Thanks.