Jump to content
Minder47

Another 'RM(Music)S SONAR' Lifeboat Drifts In

Recommended Posts

Evenin All,

Another Sonar Refugee .....( different Sonar forum  ALIAS ... of course :)

It seems I am in the midst of an ever growing list of fellow ex-pats (Escapees Maybe ?)  who were understandably inspired by 'Samplitude's general 'Modus Operandum'... as it were.

Subsequently,(ie: to my new found colleagues at Samplitude ) , thank you so much for receiving us poor, 'shafted' Cakewalk wretches with such empathetic, hospitality.

As a return courtesy, I feel it my duty to caution you of a sizable lift in the number of forum exchanges  :) (ie: AND.... always courteous of course).

Sonar's Forum was / and still is , intensely dynamic........fiery even !!.

Us Ex-Pat Sonarians will obviously need a significant amount of info and guidance as we move through the conversion process.

You guys have already provided immense , appreciated support in this regard.........many thanks.

Additionally, I must say I am enjoying the 'SAMPLITUDE' experience thus far ....(2 weeks in) esp due to the phenomenal efforts of your Mr Kraznet .

What a pleasant / clear voice....and an obvious TRUE BELIEVER !!

Doesn't annoy you at all as you necessarily concentrate during days of video 'REASSIGNMENT THERAPY' :)

Sadly, unable to say as much for another ( NB: quite comparable ) DAW training presenter who .........** well I won't be so discourteous  as to identify him ( he being a True Believer in his DAW too).........but main thing........... I am on board and soaking up the info at rapid knots.

Looking forward to a bright future as a 'SAMPLITUDIAN'.

Cheers......................MINDER 47

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like we came in on the same boat. Demod samitude and a few others and this came out on top for me. Apologies for any basic questions we may have, ill endeavour to study the manual first!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Minder47 said:

Evenin All,

Another Sonar Refugee .....( different Sonar forum  ALIAS ... of course :)

It seems I am in the midst of an ever growing list of fellow ex-pats (Escapees Maybe ?)  who were understandably inspired by 'Samplitude's general 'Modus Operandum'... as it were.

Subsequently,(ie: to my new found colleagues at Samplitude ) , thank you so much for receiving us poor, 'shafted' Cakewalk wretches with such empathetic, hospitality.

As a return courtesy, I feel it my duty to caution you of a sizable lift in the number of forum exchanges  :) (ie: AND.... always courteous of course).

Sonar's Forum was / and still is , intensely dynamic........fiery even !!.

Us Ex-Pat Sonarians will obviously need a significant amount of info and guidance as we move through the conversion process.

You guys have already provided immense , appreciated support in this regard.........many thanks.

Additionally, I must say I am enjoying the 'SAMPLITUDE' experience thus far ....(2 weeks in) esp due to the phenomenal efforts of your Mr Kraznet .

What a pleasant / clear voice....and an obvious TRUE BELIEVER !!

Doesn't annoy you at all as you necessarily concentrate during days of video 'REASSIGNMENT THERAPY' :)

Sadly, unable to say as much for another ( NB: quite comparable ) DAW training presenter who .........** well I won't be so discourteous  as to identify him ( he being a True Believer in his DAW too).........but main thing........... I am on board and soaking up the info at rapid knots.

Looking forward to a bright future as a 'SAMPLITUDIAN'.

Cheers......................MINDER 47

 

Hey @Minder47 Welcome to the forum and welcome to Samplitude!! Thank you for your very entertaining introduction and I'm very pleased you are enjoying my tutorials. I always try to do my best, after all I need to keep "Er Indoors" sweet :)  

Regards, Kraznet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Adji said:

Looks like we came in on the same boat. Demod samitude and a few others and this came out on top for me. Apologies for any basic questions we may have, ill endeavour to study the manual first!

Hi @Adji Welcome to the forum and Samplitude!!

Regards, Kraznet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arther Daily, we have already warned them of the impending forum riots and cake chucking :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kraznet said:

Hi @Adji Welcome to the forum and Samplitude!!

Regards, Kraznet

Thanks man, your videos are what made me decide to join :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ditto. The most frustrating part of learning a new DAW is trying to figure out basic operations that you know should be simple, but turn into time-consuming fishing expeditions. Kraznet's tutorials are like fish-finders for fishermen.

That's actually an apt analogy, because I hate fishing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bitflipper said:

fish-finders for fishermen

\0/ Yea I think that's fairly apt too! You do realize that fish-finders use sonar? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2018 at 6:24 AM, 35mm said:

Hi, I'm one of the guys from Sonar Platinum. I use Sonar for 2 years.
Previously used logic platinum v 2.5-v 4 PC until apple bought emagic, I switched to cubase SX1 to Cubase pro 8.5 in the past 4-5 years. I bought presonus 1818 and have a studio one producer v1 plus.
And upgraded to professional 2.0 - 3.5 I used to work on some specific Audio.
Later, I bought an audio interface tascam 2 * 2 for my notebook.
And sonar with 3 le plus.
I tried to play, and then decided to buy Sonar professional from steam, then upgrade to Platinum 2 year ago, I bought the update 2018 27/10/2017 after a few days.
Development canceled. I have followed the news in the forum and then see people recommend Samplitude Pro.
$149  I decided to buy a special price, I was interested in Samplitude Pro before, but the price is quite expensive for me. Until today, I began to learn to use as well as monitor. Kraznet's Demo Video
I feel like a DAW who's already working and I'm happy to be a Samplitude user. Sorry for my English, 
thanks to Kraznet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the Cake-walking dead here too.  I KNOW Samplitude will be simple in a few months, but right now I feel like the learning curve is 90 degrees.  A ton of thanks go to Kraznet.  Magix needs to give him a stipend (if they don't already).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Swamper & Jude77 and all the other 'Boat People'

I too am an ex Sonarian ......

I am also enjoying the many great videos by Kraznet.

BTW: This forum's patrons seem a lot less stressed and non aggressive compared to some on Sonar's forum.

I must say I am enjoying the more charitable Samplitude exchanges................. esp. no apparent bagging so far :)

Kraznet's calm, confident voice perhaps exemplifies this more relaxed ( ie: Don't Fear Asking A 'Dumb' Question ) mindset Samplitude appears to have adopted.

I am hoping for a bright future with Samplitude

Cheers :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hiding in steerage but I was on the same boat. 

I've also tried Mixcraft, but the display of only one MIDI track led me to explore further and I'm here now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Riojazz,

Welcome Ashore !!! :)

FYI.....&  interestingly... ( reflecting on you comments).............I , only in the last few days, chose to  afford 'MIXCRAFT' another GO...........'Just For The Hell Of It' !!!

I must admit I was ORIGINALLY ( ie: Post Sonar Crash)... put off immediately by Mixcraft's somewhat naive / perhaps dated GUI.....and Graphics palette in General.

But This should be about SOUND...........Not Visuals.

AND....With Regard to Mixcraft.....

Let's Face It..............MIXCRAFT is indeed an intuitive , efficient program for a Muso such as myself and ...HEY!!............has Intergrated Melodyne ( PS: Not exactly sure what that means in comparison to ARA).

And I must congratulate the MIXCRAFT I.T Team for producing such a 'Lightweight'..yet...extremely effective.... 'DAW Modus Operandum'     :)

I must admit.........I am in still in a state of 'EXTREMUS SPINNUS'.

(ie: Jumping about a bit in regard to a new DAW) 

.................. (ie: Bearing in mind of course I am an EX Sonarian and thus-wise somewhat biased in what I am looking for).

At This point I Time ...........Samplitude Is Definitely Maintaining My Interest.

Anywho

Welcome to Samplitude My Friend :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thnx Kraznet

I very much appreciate your work :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/01/2018 at 9:44 PM, Bitflipper said:

Ditto. The most frustrating part of learning a new DAW is trying to figure out basic operations that you know should be simple, but turn into time-consuming fishing expeditions. Kraznet's tutorials are like fish-finders for fishermen.

That's actually an apt analogy, because I hate fishing.

Hey Bitflipper, nice to find you here.

I'm in the first stages of "getting my Sonar habits melt into using Samplitude", can you point me to the tutorials taht should be consumed first ?

I've found more specific and very informing videos already (comping, automation) but still trying to get a grab into the main UI and project start up (how can I choose I/O from the track header? How can I switch to ALL/CUSTOM/MIX track pane header, is it possible? Where are the BUSES in the console?!, etc)

 

Thanks and again, nice to find familiar faes (er...avatars) here.

dd

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I type this , I am going into thirteen hours of downloading Suite with only 88 to go!  I heard somewhere that  oxen are slow but the earth is patient.......

I too have used Sonar since the early 2000's..... After recently closing my business of 35 years due to injury, I now have the time to dedicate fully to my first love....Music!

As a musician I have always played and practiced music in spite of my workload through the years.......Learning how to properly do recording and utilizing a DAW's full potential however, has always been a deep desire but not a top priority......Now I am so excited to finally feel the  "ok " to dig into this wonderful art as a priority.

After weeks of nonstop research and downloading the demo for every DAW I could find on the market I was all set to buy  Prox3 as It seemed to me this company  is a company focused more on professionals composing music with traditional instruments ......than most the other out of the box offerings that seem to trend more toward a beat, dance, hip-hop type market focus(packaged content of instruments, loops, modulators etc.) Just my initial opinion through observation. I think the other offerings are great if that is where one is but I am more of a singer songwriter type that will fully utilize the included instruments of this DAW. 

When through hanging out on the different forums I heard about the killer deal being ran on x3 suite I just couldn't buy it fast enough.....so here I am digging in. Already watching wonderful instructional video's. Thank you so much Kraznet for the hard work of producing all these  videos for us to better understand and learn this amazing DAW.

QUESTION.....Are the Samplitude videos from 6-8 years ago still relevant to watch and learn for this version? I would very much like to start with the basics of this program if they are. 

Thanks and I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Tim

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tim and welcome,

14 minutes ago, timathy2 said:

QUESTION.....Are the Samplitude videos from 6-8 years ago still relevant to watch and learn for this version? I would very much like to start with the basics of this program if they are. 

If you're talking about my Samplitude Basics videos. I would say they are still relevant. The only difference being there are some changes in the GUI which might not correspond to Pro X3 but the basic information is still useful. I'm thinking of making an updated version when I have time.

Regards, Kraznet

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just one thing. The way the menus are structured is different in the older version compared to Pro X3.  In many ways the older menu layout is more informative. So if you want to revert to the original menu structure so it coincides with those tutorials you can always change the menu by referring to the GIF. The only drawback to that would be is that I tend to do my new tutorials using the new menu layout.

Regards, Kraznet

Older Menu Layout:

5a75fcf11639f_OlderMenuLayout.thumb.jpg.da29c669588444bb01398d0c48caf557.jpg

Newer Menu Layout:

5a75fd1618826_NewerMenuLayout.jpg.7f4e5b37bccff769fe09f9579cab0dbe.jpg

How to change to the older menu layout:

5a75fc2e19eba_V11Menu.thumb.gif.d556b6c6f0d720a52b496635369fa895.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also make sure you use the search box as this is very handy if you're look for a particular function. Although this is only functional with the newer menu structure.

5a76013f73cfb_SerachFunction.thumb.gif.ab516cbca06557f4f5382bd1f8e661e4.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for the heads up and the info.

I'll try to keep up with the new menu and if needed I'll go to the older menu.

Great information to be aware of for new users.

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×