Jump to content
Geo524

Samplitude Pro X3 Suite DVD's?

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I received my DVD box set for Samplitude today but I have a few questions. I have contacted support but figured I'd ask here too in case someone else has had a similar situation. There were 12 DVD's in the package. 9 of them are for the Independence Library alone. 1 is for Soundforge 11 and Izotope repair and restoration. The other 2 are Samplitude Pro X3 Suite. Neither one of the Samplitude DVD's has a serial number on them and I did not receive a disk for Spectral Layers. I'm thinking they made a mistake and sent me an extra Samplitude disk in place of the Spectral Layers DVD?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi George,

If you received two Samplitude Pro X3 discs it sounds like they may have made a mistake as I imagine Spectral Layers Pro would be on a DVD as well. You might have to wait until you hear back from support.

Regards, Kraznet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Geo524 said:

Hello,

I received my DVD box set for Samplitude today but I have a few questions. I have contacted support but figured I'd ask here too in case someone else has had a similar situation. There were 12 DVD's in the package. 9 of them are for the Independence Library alone. 1 is for Soundforge 11 and Izotope repair and restoration. The other 2 are Samplitude Pro X3 Suite. Neither one of the Samplitude DVD's has a serial number on them and I did not receive a disk for Spectral Layers. I'm thinking they made a mistake and sent me an extra Samplitude disk in place of the Spectral Layers DVD?

Thanks

I also got these 3 + 9 DVDs.

What’s written on the both Pro X3 DVDs? 

One should be "Program DVD" (and here should be a label with the serial numbers) the other one "Content DVD Sounds & Loops). See the picture attached.

I can’t remember anymore where Spectral Layers came from, but please also check your order confirmation oder delivery papers...

 

B7858546-6378-4820-980C-45B72F9041EE.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes good point Samplitude Pro X3 has a program DVD and the content DVD. Maybe spectral layers isn't available on DVD? 

Regards, Kraznet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys. Ok. One is a program disc and the other is a content disc so all is well there.  I do not have a printed label on either disc with a serial number like the one in your pic Nordlead. Is the serial number on the label blackened out? I'm guessing I would use the serial number that was assigned to me from my original download? Not sure but I'll wait to see what tech support has to say. As far as Spectral Layers goes I think I should have a separate dvd but maybe not? I do have all the original download files backed up but I also wanted the DVD's as another backup source. Thanks again for your help gentleman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kraznet said:

Yes good point Samplitude Pro X3 has a program DVD and the content DVD. Maybe spectral layers isn't available on DVD? 

Regards, Kraznet

Hmmmm... I can't seem to recall if it was a separate download or not? It might be a different install with the DVD's and perhaps is included with the content? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I'm guessing I would use the serial number that was assigned to me from my original download? 

The DVD wouldn't be tied to a particular serial number but the original serial number(s) you got will be the ones to use. 

Regards, Kraznet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just checked my own order conformation that I’ve received via E-mail from Magix. 

There were these points concerning SpectraLayers:

 

SpectraLayers Pro 4 (PC & MAC)

 

Serial number:

P2-xxxxx-xxxxx.......

 

Download the program:

http://dl03.magix.net/spectralayerspro4.exe

 

Download for Mac OS:

http://dl03.magix.net/spectralayerspro4.dmg

 

Program activation:

 

  Start the program.

  Copy the serial number from this e-mail

     and paste it into the input field of the

     work clearance document.

 

So, this is the way you should have gotten your serial number and the download path for SpectraLayers.

 

The serial number on the pic is my original Sam X3 number. I’ve just painted it black, just to be sure that nothing happens with it ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skorpius said:

I did receive the package on DVDs as well, but they didn't include SpectraLayers. It had to be downloaded separately.

Yes. Got it now. :D I did so many downloads my head was spinning. :wacko:Thanks for chiming in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nordlead said:

I just checked my own order conformation that I’ve received via E-mail from Magix. 

There were these points concerning SpectraLayers:

 

SpectraLayers Pro 4 (PC & MAC)

 

Serial number:

P2-xxxxx-xxxxx.......

 

Download the program:

http://dl03.magix.net/spectralayerspro4.exe

 

Download for Mac OS:

http://dl03.magix.net/spectralayerspro4.dmg

 

Program activation:

 

  Start the program.

  Copy the serial number from this e-mail

     and paste it into the input field of the

     work clearance document.

 

So, this is the way you should have gotten your serial number and the download path for SpectraLayers.

 

The serial number on the pic is my original Sam X3 number. I’ve just painted it black, just to be sure that nothing happens with it ;)

I forgot that we can also download content from the link provided in our order confirmation e-mail and also from our Magix account. One of the main reasons I wanted the disks was so that if I ever have to install the Independence Library again I can do it from the disks and not have to download it again. That was painful. All is well now and many thanks for the help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×