8 replies to this topic

#1 ericsmusic

ericsmusic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

Hi there,

I would like to know if there is any good Samplitude Pro X tutorials for newbie ??

For those like me who wants to learn it from scratch, I know that Kraznet have some great tutorials but they are not for newbie

I want to learn the interface, how to zoom or move tracks, I mean the basics

Thanks in advance

Eric

#2 Kraznet

Kraznet

Ultimate Member

• Advanced User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

Hi Eric,

Although these were made with an earlier version of Samplitude much of the information should be just as applicable so it may be worth looking at this "Samplitude Basics" playlist :

http://www.youtube.c...eature=view_all

If there is anything specific information you want let me know and maybe I can knock you up a quick tutorial or two.

Regards
Kraznet
Computer 1 : Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H | Intel Haswell i7 4770K@4.3Mhz | 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung 820 256GB SSD System Drive | 1 x Crucial 960gb SSD A/V Drive | 1 x Crucial 512 SSD Samples Drive | 1x Gigabyte GTX 660 2gb | RME Fireface 400 |RME Bayface | Windows 8.1 Pro x64

Laptop 1: Samsung NP700G7C 17" Laptop | Intel Core i7 3610QM | 16gb ram | Samsung 820 256GB SSD System Drive | Crucial 512gb M4 SSD Samples Drive | RME BabyFace | Windows 8 Pro

Laptop 2 : MacBook Air 13" 2011 256gb | OSX Mavericks

1 x Samsung 40" UHD Display | 3x Samsung SyncMaster 2443nw 24" displays 
Sequoia/Samplitude Pro X 12.4.1.26 + beta's | Video Pro X6 | 

Samplitude Tutorial videos : www.youtube.com/kraznet

#3 ericsmusic

ericsmusic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

Hi Eric,

Although these were made with an earlier version of Samplitude much of the information should be just as applicable so it may be worth looking at this "Samplitude Basics" playlist :

http://www.youtube.c...eature=view_all

If there is anything specific information you want let me know and maybe I can knock you up a quick tutorial or two.

Regards
Kraznet

Hi Kraznet,

Thanks a lot for the reply

I will take a look at your "Samplitude Basics" playlist and I will let you know if I need any specific informations

By the way, can you tell me why there is no samplitude tutorials available from the commercial companies like Groove3, Lynda.com, VTC, etc...

And why haven't you made one yet ??

Eric

#4 Kraznet

Kraznet

Ultimate Member

• Advanced User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hi Eric,

By the way, can you tell me why there is no samplitude tutorials available from the commercial companies like Groove3, Lynda.com, VTC, etc...

I guess it's because Samplitude is lesser-known compared to other DAW's and they are probably looking to make some money. In fact someone approached me about 3 years ago about doing a series but I decided to remain independent and continue doing free tutorials.I have made over 230 tutorials and currently I do a bi-monthly video tutorial and article for Sound on Sound magazine. Also I like the fact that I can do quick one-off tutorials on specific subjects and quickly post them on YouTube. I like that flexibility. I was going to release a DVD series of my own a while back but decided against it as I couldn't get the kind of quality I wanted on a DVD. Also I'm self financed and have limited funds so I can't really set up a website. Who knows one of these tutorial companies may suddenly release a Samplitude series but I've had no contact from any of them So they won't be by me.

Incidentally there's nothing to stop you downloading my YouTube videos if you install RealPlayer.

Regards
Kraznet
Computer 1 : Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H | Intel Haswell i7 4770K@4.3Mhz | 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung 820 256GB SSD System Drive | 1 x Crucial 960gb SSD A/V Drive | 1 x Crucial 512 SSD Samples Drive | 1x Gigabyte GTX 660 2gb | RME Fireface 400 |RME Bayface | Windows 8.1 Pro x64

Laptop 1: Samsung NP700G7C 17" Laptop | Intel Core i7 3610QM | 16gb ram | Samsung 820 256GB SSD System Drive | Crucial 512gb M4 SSD Samples Drive | RME BabyFace | Windows 8 Pro

#5 ericsmusic

ericsmusic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Hi Eric,

I guess it's because Samplitude is lesser-known compared to other DAW's and they are probably looking to make some money. In fact someone approached me about 3 years ago about doing a series but I decided to remain independent and continue doing free tutorials.I have made over 230 tutorials and currently I do a bi-monthly video tutorial and article for Sound on Sound magazine. Also I like the fact that I can do quick one-off tutorials on specific subjects and quickly post them on YouTube. I like that flexibility. I was going to release a DVD series of my own a while back but decided against it as I couldn't get the kind of quality I wanted on a DVD. Also I'm self financed and have limited funds so I can't really set up a website. Who knows one of these tutorial companies may suddenly release a Samplitude series but I've had no contact from any of them So they won't be by me.

Incidentally there's nothing to stop you downloading my YouTube videos if you install RealPlayer.

Regards
Kraznet

Hi Kraznet,

I would like to know if there is a way to open multiple instances of the same plugin on one track
I can with third party plugins but I can't with stock plugins and the eFX

Thanks

Eric

#6 Kraznet

Kraznet

Ultimate Member

• Advanced User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

Hi Eric,

Regards
Kraznet

Hi Kraznet,

I would like to know if there is a way to open multiple instances of the same plugin on one track

Thanks

Eric

Hi Eric,

I just tested it and you can open multiple instances of eFX plug-ins in the latest version of Samplitude Pro X 2.2.0.170. However you need to do this from the MAGIX plug-ins menu.

Posted Image

Regards
Kraznet

#7 ericsmusic

ericsmusic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

Hi Eric,

Regards
Kraznet

Hi Kraznet,

Thanks

Eric

Hi Eric,

I just tested it and you can open multiple instances of eFX plug-ins in the latest version of Samplitude Pro X 2.2.0.170. However you need to do this from the MAGIX plug-ins menu.

Posted Image

Regards
Kraznet

Hi Kraznet,

Thanks for you quick reply

I also discovered that yesterday night for the eFX plugs but for the built-in fx such as Dynamics, FFT Filter or EQ116, it don't seems to be possible to open multiple instances of those since they are integrated to the signal flow of Samplitude

Can you confirm that ??

Thanks

Eric

#8 George Lea

George Lea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

Kraznet,

I acknowledge your guruness on Samplitude Pro X, and indeed, I have watched all of them; especially the ones regarding Object Editing, Wave Editing, Ranges. I've also read all of the entries in the users manual about those topics but nothing really gets through. Specifically, because right now I'm using it primarily as a wave editor (although, I'm aware it has volumes more capability), I used to use Audition 1.5, and Sonar 8.5.3. I just mention those if it makes it easier for you to make analogies. I need to use Samplitude for things like pitch correction (which I'm pretty comfortable with at this point), deleting sections/ranges. I also like to save something like a lead vocal in usually 3 different phases. 1st phase would be the pure RAW version, no FX, or editing. 2nd phase, with all the other editing LESS the reverb, and finally the final phase with reverb.

Here's a short list I don't understand how to use.

1.) How to delete previous takes in the Take Mgr. I understand I can use it to take clips, and make composite takes. I'm just not ready to get that advanced just yet.

2.) Whenever I try to delete sections or ranges it won't let me because it says it's currently tied to the VIP, or something, and I can't figure out how to "UNTIE" it.

3.) Ranges: I've read everything I can find about this, and nothing works. When I click on the upper half of a track, and try to create a range, it turns orange, but when I move the mouse, it moves the whole clip, but doesn't let me create a range.

I REALLY do appreciate whatever help you can offer.

Thanks,
George
Mobo:ASUS M5A97 EVO/CPU:AMD FX-6200 <br> Video:AMD Radeon HD 6670, 2Gig RAM/Sys RAM:16Gig DDR3@802MHz, 120Gig SSD, 1TByte WD <br> O/S: Win7 Enterprise 64-Bit <br> Snd Card: Alesis I/O 26/Alesis Fusion 8HD <br> DAW: Samplitude Pro X 12/Sonar 8.5.3/BIAB 2013

#9 Kraznet

Kraznet

Ultimate Member

• Advanced User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Kraznet,

I acknowledge your guruness on Samplitude Pro X, and indeed, I have watched all of them; especially the ones regarding Object Editing, Wave Editing, Ranges. I've also read all of the entries in the users manual about those topics but nothing really gets through. Specifically, because right now I'm using it primarily as a wave editor (although, I'm aware it has volumes more capability), I used to use Audition 1.5, and Sonar 8.5.3. I just mention those if it makes it easier for you to make analogies. I need to use Samplitude for things like pitch correction (which I'm pretty comfortable with at this point), deleting sections/ranges. I also like to save something like a lead vocal in usually 3 different phases. 1st phase would be the pure RAW version, no FX, or editing. 2nd phase, with all the other editing LESS the reverb, and finally the final phase with reverb.

Here's a short list I don't understand how to use.

1.) How to delete previous takes in the Take Mgr. I understand I can use it to take clips, and make composite takes. I'm just not ready to get that advanced just yet.

2.) Whenever I try to delete sections or ranges it won't let me because it says it's currently tied to the VIP, or something, and I can't figure out how to "UNTIE" it.

3.) Ranges: I've read everything I can find about this, and nothing works. When I click on the upper half of a track, and try to create a range, it turns orange, but when I move the mouse, it moves the whole clip, but doesn't let me create a range.

I REALLY do appreciate whatever help you can offer.

Thanks,
George

Hi George ,

I will look into your questions over the next few days.

Cheers
Kraznet