• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_billy goat_*

Guest_billy goat_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2004 - 12:14 PM

Can Samplitude 8 import pts files?

How about omf or edl?

I don't have pro tools, but I have occasionally had to mix sessions tracked with it. Sometimes I am able to get the original studio to transfer it to omf, but other times it was tracked months ago and I am given a pts file format. Then, the options are 1) Find a friend with an mbox and do the omf transfer myself or 2) hope that the waves were all simultaneously recorder and that they line up from zero.

If Samplitude can't read .pts files , is there a stand alone conversion tool to transfer formats? Do I need to buy an Mbox just for this stupid conversion? Is there a copyright law restricting someone from coding this kind of tool? I'm confused. This should be easier.

Any info would be great.

Thanks

#2 Guest_GTBannah_*

Guest_GTBannah_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2004 - 01:33 PM

I read in a previous post that Samp imports EDL files.
It also imports Broadcast Waves, and, in addition, the waves snap to the stamped time.

Can't wait to move from V6 to v8 .... Slurrrp! :o

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2004 - 01:49 PM

thanks for the info. cool

#4 Guest_msparti_*

Guest_msparti_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2004 - 05:41 PM

yea,...v7 does Broadcast waves,..I've imported a few PT projects this way. (they timestamped perfectly)

#5 Guest_rodolfo_*

Guest_rodolfo_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2004 - 07:16 AM

If Pro-tools exports EDL files you can convert them to Samplitude EDL with EDL translate (freeware). Thatīs what I do to go from Nuendo to Samplitude.

Rods

#6 Guest_Guest_Fifthcircle_*

Guest_Guest_Fifthcircle_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2004 - 07:56 PM

Use pro tools wave file export (for BWF format waves) or use EDL Convert pro for PT 5.1 importing/exporting.

-=-Ben